May 17th General Meeting Online
May 17 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The May 17th general meeting will be held from 2-4 pm online using Zoom video conferencing. Email invitations will be sent on Sunday afternoon. Check your email for the invitation with the link to the video meeting. You will need: a computer or smart phone with a web browser OR Zoom App, video camera, microphone and speaker. Some browsers or older versions of browsers will not support Zoom. In that case, download the free Zoom App. The meeting will be recorded and uploaded to the Minnesota Water Garden Society You Tube channel for viewing at a later date.
The May Spring Picnic and Plant Sale is cancelled.
Program: Invasive Aquatic Plants and Fish
Speaker: Doug Jensen, Aquatic Invasive Species Coordinator, University of Minnesota
Doug Jensen has a Bachelors Degree in Biology and a Masters Degree in Education from the University of Minnesota Duluth. As Aquatic Invasive Species Program Coordinator, he is in charge of:
- AIS public education, social marketing, environmental education, and evaluation
- AIS monitoring, control, and boatwash stations
- Habitattitude™ campaign, Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers!™ campaign, and AIS-Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Program
- Water quality and pollution
- Coastal resource management education